Read Time 368 minutes
Name your campaign
- On the Welcome page, click the Create Campaign button.
- Name – Select an easily recognizable name.. For instance, if the Zylker company is sending a monthly newsletter, name the campaign “Zylker Newsletter June 2015”, or something similar.
- Subject – Come up with a clever or eye-catching email subject line. A great subject line is going to draw many more readers than something boring and dry.
- Sender Name and Email Address – Give a name and email address that your recipients can recognize easily. The name could be your company or brand name.
- Reply tracking – Using Reply Tracking feature, you can keep a record of replies received for your campaigns. By default, reply tracking is disabled for all email campaigns. You can enable reply tracking for a campaign while creating the campaign.
- Address recipients by name – Personalize your recipients by addressing them by name.
- Use sender details from Zoho CRM – If the recipient was imported from Zoho CRM, you can personalize the sender name based on which user owns the account in CRM.
Email body and content
- HTML Editor – Select this if you want to send your campaign with visual images and logos. The recipient of your campaign must be using a browser/email client and device that support this format.
- Text Editor – Theses are simple emails without images or logos. The purpose is to send your message without losing any content. Plain-text emails have a very high degree of deliverability (no lost content).
- Import/Upload – With this option, you can import the HTML content for your email. Browse and select the HTML file as well as any related images, then upload them. You can either import from your desktop or from cloud services such as Zoho Docs, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Recently Sent – If you have already sent email campaigns, you can use the content from a previous campaign as a templates for your new campaign
Preview and test your email
Select your email recipients
Promote your campaign on social media
- Track URLs using Google Analytics – If you want to extract more data from your email campaign, make sure Google Analytics is selected. If you know how many people open the email campaign and how many of them click the links, you’ll have better insights into what works and what doesn’t when you send your next campaign.
- Character encoding – Select the appropriate character encoding to match your language script.
- Header and footer themes – Add background color, change the font style/ size, and personalize the header and footer for your email campaign by selecting a theme from the dropdown menu.
Sending your email campaign
Measure campaign results
- Total number of emails sent
- Total opens and clicks received
- Total number of unsubscribes and complaints
- Campaign reach on social media
- Campaign opens based on location